Friday, August 6, 2010

WEEK 1

Meet our rig, Bessie, a 1992 Fleetwood Bounder at our first stop on the journey. We're at Gloucester Point, camped by the Severn River. In the photo you can see Guille running wild and naked on the stones. So far he and Rain love living in the "RV Casa."



So far on the road I've been busy making repairs in any free time. Lily has been cooking, cleaning, organizing, shopping, etc. Both of us were fairly exhausted the first few days. The kids couldn't sleep and neither could we. The transition was pretty awful, but the worst seems to have passed. We all slept well last night and everyone's getting their naps.



Sorry to report my mundane facts of life, but that's what we're doing now - just living. It's fantastic so far and we're still adjusting, but I'll put up more posts about stuff later. Like how on our 2nd day we got a flat, I already had to change the A/C gasket on the roof cause it started leaking, I had to sanitize our water and plumbing system and our sewer hose is about to burst... Fun, huh!?!?

1 comment:

  1. Apparently I can comment on my own postings. ... Great post!

    ReplyDelete